Favorites from the 50s by Sylvia Woods PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from email@example.com with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download of the printed music book Favorites from the 50s arranged by Sylvia Woods.
For lever or pedal harp.
This PDF includes 40 favorite songs from the 1950s. These vintage songs were made popular by artists such as Paul Anka, Frankie Avalon, Harry Belafonte, Perry Como, Sam Cooke, Bobby Darin, Gene Kelly, Johnny Mathis, Patti Page, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, the Champs, the Everly Brothers, The Fleetwoods, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, the Four Preps, and MORE! Plus, there are songs from The Sound of Music, The King and I, West Side Story, The Music Man, and The Howdy Doody Show.
All of the pieces include fingerings, lyrics, and chord symbols. Lever changes and pedal changes are listed in the music. The difficulty varies, but most of the pieces are for advanced beginner to intermediate players.
Many of the pieces require numerous lever changes within the music. To assist players who are not used to flipping levers, Sylvia has included a list of 15 pieces with no lever changes, and 7 pieces with just a few changes.
To assist players of smaller harps, Sylvia has also included a chart showing the range needed for each piece. If you have a 26-string harp with C as the lowest string, you can play 30 of the 40 pieces with just a few easy modifications. You may have to play them an octave higher than written, but they will fit on your harp.
Seven of the pieces have 2 separate arrangements: one for lever harp players who tune their harps to C, and another for lever harp players who tune their harps to flats. Pedal harpists can play either version.
The keys for harps tuned to C range from C to 2 sharps. The keys for harps tuned to flats range from 1 flat to 2 sharps. In order to play all of the songs, you will need a full set of levers.
This PDF is 123 pages including 112 pages of music.
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- DON'T BE CRUEL to a Heart That's True
- LOVE ME TENDER (advanced beginner arrangement)
- LOVE ME TENDER (intermediate arrangement)
- Let Me Be Your TEDDY BEAR
Crooners & Teen Idols
- DREAM LOVER
- FLY ME TO THE MOON (In Other Words)
- CATCH A FALLING STAR
- HOT DIGGITY (Dog Ziggity Boom)
- MAGIC MOMENTS
- MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS
- THAT'S AMORE (That's Love)
- PUT YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- PUT YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- THE TWELFTH OF NEVER
- YOU SEND ME
- GOODNIGHT, SWEETHEART, GOODNIGHT (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- GOODNIGHT, SWEETHEART, GOODNIGHT (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- TEARS ON MY PILLOW
Other Groups & Duos
- ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- DEVOTED TO YOU
- COME SOFTLY TO ME
- EVERYDAY (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- EVERYDAY (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- 26 MILES (Santa Catalina)
Movies, Broadway & Television
- SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
- THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- EDELWEISS (easy arrangement for small harps) from The Sound of Music
- EDELWEISS (intermediate arrangement) from The Sound of Music
- GETTING TO KNOW YOU from The King and I
- ONE HAND, ONE HEART from West Side Story
- GOODNIGHT, MY SOMEONE from The Music Man
- THE WELLS FARGO WAGON from The Music Man
- IT'S HOWDY DOODY TIME from The Howdy Doody Show
- DENNIS THE MENACE from the TV series Dennis the Menace
Novelty Songs & Miscellaneous
- DAY-O (The Banana Boat Song)
- HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGIE IN THE WINDOW
- TENNESSEE WALTZ (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- TENNESSEE WALTZ (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT
- TEQUILA (for lever harps tuned to C and pedal harps)
- TEQUILA (for lever harps tuned to flats and pedal harps)
- WITCH DOCTOR
- SCARLET RIBBONS for Her Hair