A Hymn a Day Volume 2 by Hugh Callison PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add email@example.com to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download, which you will print from your computer. We do not sell the regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
For lever or pedal harp.
This is the second in a series of five volumes of hymn arrangements by Hugh Callison. You will find many wonderful titles that have not previously been arranged for harp, from well-known favorites that you grew up with, to songs that are lesser known yet equally important. These tunes have the added benefit of being arranged in keys (from 3 flats to 3 sharps) that are accessible to most vocal ranges, which is especially helpful when playing along with congregational singing. Hugh Callison came to the harp as an adult after retiring from 40 years as a music educator. His arrangements, for upper intermediate players, are interesting and have lovely harmonies. All have been edited for harpability and are playable on a harp with a full set of sharping levers which goes to the G which is one and ½ octaves below middle C (the bottom note of the bass clef staff). Lever changes are indicated with diamond shaped notes. Some tunes have no lever changes, some have a lot. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings. The left hand in a few of the tunes is quite active. This is the one of a series of 5 books; an enormous amount of harp work.
This PDF is Volume 2: 72 tunes, 110 pages.
Here's what Hugh Callison has to say about this collection:
The hymn arrangements in this collection were inspired by a book titled The One Year Book of Hymns. This collection of texts is arranged in chronological order and features several verses of each hymn with a devotional reading and an accompanying scripture verse. After using this book as a devotional book, I decided in 2007 to arrange each of the 365 hymns for thirty-string lever harp. Welcome to my labor of love for God and for harpists who love the old hymns of faith!
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- A Hymn of Glory, Let us Sing
- All My Hope on God Is Founded
- All Praise to Our Redeeming Lord
- Alleluia! Sing to Jesus
- Almighty God, Thy Word Is Cast
- Approach, My Soul, the Mercy Seat
- Arise, My Soul, Arise
- Art Thou Weary, Art Thou Languid
- Before Thy Throne, O God, We Kneel
- Blest Be the Dear Uniting Love
- Blest Be the Tie That Binds
- Breathe on Me, Breath of God
- Children of the Heavenly King
- Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation
- The Church's One Foundation
- Come, Ye Disconsolate
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
- Day Is Dying in the West
- Fight the Good Fight
- God is Love
- God the Omnipotent
- God, Be Merciful to Me
- Grace! 'Tis a Charming Sound
- Hail the Day That Sees Him Rise
- Happy the Home When God Is There
- He Giveth More Grace
- Holy Bible, Book Divine
- I Know Whom I Have Believed
- I Love Thy Kingdom, Lord
- I Sing the Mighty Power of God
- I Will Sing the Wondrous Story
- I've Found a Friend, O Such a Friend
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All
- Jesus, the Name, High Over All
- Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee
- Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness
- Jesus, Thy Boundless Love to Me
- Jesus, What a Friend for Sinners
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
- Lo! He Comes With Clouds Descending
- Lord of All Being, Throned Afar
- Lord, It Belongs Not to My Care
- Lord, Speak to Me
- Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
- More about Jesus
- My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
- My Jesus, I Love Thee
- Now the Day Is Over
- O for a Heart to Praise My God
- O God of Earth and Altar
- O Love Devine, That Stooped to Share
- O Thou in All Thy Might So Far
- O to Be Like Thee!
- O Word of God Incarnate
- O Worship the King
- Of the Father's Love Begotten
- Peace, Perfect Peace
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me
- Speak, Lord, in the Stillness
- Stand Up and Bless the Lord
- Sweet Hour of Prayer
- There's a Wilderness in God's Mercy
- 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
- We Gather Together
- We Give Thee But Thine Own
- We Praise Thee, O God
- When Morning Gilds the Skies
- Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life
- The Wise May Bring Their Learning
- Ye Servants of God