A Hymn a Day Volume 3 by Hugh Callison PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from email@example.com with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download, which you will print from your computer. We do not sell the regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
For lever or pedal harp.
This is the third in a series of five volumes of hymn arrangements by Hugh Callison. You will find many wonderful titles that have not previously been arranged for harp, from well-known favorites that you grew up with, to songs that are lesser known yet equally important. These tunes have the added benefit of being arranged in keys (from 3 flats to 3 sharps) that are accessible to most vocal ranges, which is especially helpful when playing along with congregational singing. Hugh Callison came to the harp as an adult after retiring from 40 years as a music educator. His arrangements, for upper intermediate players, are interesting and have lovely harmonies. All have been edited for harpability and are playable on a harp with a full set of sharping levers which goes to the G which is one and ½ octaves below middle C (the bottom note of the bass clef staff). Lever changes are indicated with diamond shaped notes. Some tunes have no lever changes, some have a lot. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings. The left hand in a few of the tunes is quite active. This is the one of a series of 5 books; an enormous amount of harp work.
This PDF is Volume 3: 72 tunes, 99 pages.
Here's what Hugh Callison has to say about this collection:
The hymn arrangements in this collection were inspired by a book titled The One Year Book of Hymns. This collection of texts is arranged in chronological order and features several verses of each hymn with a devotional reading and an accompanying scripture verse. After using this book as a devotional book, I decided in 2007 to arrange each of the 365 hymns for thirty-string lever harp. Welcome to my labor of love for God and for harpists who love the old hymns of faith!
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- A Charge to Keep I Have
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- All Praise to Thee, My God This Night
- Almighty God, Thy Lofty Throne
- At the Name of Jesus
- Blessed Jesus, at Thy Word
- Blessing and Honor and Glory and Power
- Brethren, We Have Met to Worship
- Cleanse Me
- Come, Let Us Tune Our Loftiest Song
- Come, Thou Font of Every Blessing
- Fill Thou My Life, O Lord My God
- For All the Saints
- From Greenland's Icy Mountains
- Gentle Jesus, Meek and Mild
- Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken
- God of Our Fathers, Known of Old
- God of the Earth, the Sky, the Sea
- God, in the Gospel of His Son
- Great God, Attend, While Zion Sings
- Have Thine Own Way, Lord!
- How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place
- How Lovely Shines the Morning Star
- How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds
- I Am Not Skilled to Understand
- I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
- In Christ, There Is No East or West
- Jesus Call Us
- Jesus Loves Me
- Jesus, Thou Joy of Loving Hearts
- Join All the Glorious Names
- Just a Closer Walk with Thee
- The King of Love, My Shepherd Is
- Lamb of God!
- Let Thy Blood in Mercy Poured
- The Lord Is King
- Lord Jesus Think on Me
- May the Grace of Christ Our Savior
- More Love to Thee, O Christ
- My Faith has Found a Resting Place
- My God, How Wonderful Thou Art
- Nearer, My God, to Thee
- Not What These Hands Have Done
- O Christ, Our King, Creator, Lord
- O Christ, Our True and Only Light
- O Dearest Jesus
- O Jesus, King Most Wonderful
- O Lord of Heaven and Earth and Sea
- O Lord, How Shall I Meet Thee
- O Master Let Me Walk with Thee
- O Perfect Love
- O Splendor of God's Glory Bright
- Open My Eyes, That I May See
- Praise the Savior, Ye Who Know Him
- Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
- Rescue the Perishing
- Rise Up, O Men of God
- Savior of the Nations, Come
- Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
- Shepherd of Eager Youth
- Songs of Thankfulness and Praise
- Sun of My Soul
- Teach Me, My God and King
- Thee Will I Love, My Strength
- Thy Faithfulness, Lord, Each Moment We Find
- Thy Works, Not Mine
- To God Be the Glory
- Trust and Obey
- Under His Wings I Am Safely Abiding
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Who is This So Weak and Helpless
- Zion to Thy Savior Singing