A Hymn a Day Volume 4 (Advent and Christmas) by Hugh Callison PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add email@example.com to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download, which you will print from your computer. We do not sell the regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
For lever or pedal harp.
This is the fourth in a series of five volumes of hymn arrangements by Hugh Callison. You will find many wonderful titles that have not previously been arranged for harp, from well-known favorites that you grew up with, to songs that are lesser known yet equally important. These tunes have the added benefit of being arranged in keys (from 3 flats to 3 sharps) that are accessible to most vocal ranges, which is especially helpful when playing along with congregational singing. Hugh Callison came to the harp as an adult after retiring from 40 years as a music educator. His arrangements, for upper intermediate players, are interesting and have lovely harmonies. All have been edited for harpability and are playable on a harp with a full set of sharping levers which goes to the G which is one and ½ octaves below middle C (the bottom note of the bass clef staff). Lever changes are indicated with diamond shaped notes. Some tunes have no lever changes, some have a lot. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings. The left hand in a few of the tunes is quite active. This is the one of a series of 5 books; an enormous amount of harp work.
This PDF is Volume 4: It includes songs for Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany seasons as well as a few for the ordinary time between Epiphany and Lent. 77 tunes, 111 pages.
Here's what Hugh Callison has to say about this collection:
The hymn arrangements in this collection were inspired by a book titled The One Year Book of Hymns. This collection of texts is arranged in chronological order and features several verses of each hymn with a devotional reading and an accompanying scripture verse. After using this book as a devotional book, I decided in 2007 to arrange each of the 365 hymns for thirty-string lever harp. Welcome to my labor of love for God and for harpists who love the old hymns of faith!
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Abide With Me
- All Glory Be to God on High
- All Praise to Thee, Eternal Lord
- All the Way, My Savior Leads Me
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- Angels, from the Realms of Glory
- Another Year Is Dawning
- As With Gladness, Men of Old
- At Even, Ere the Sun Was Set
- Away in a Manger
- Be Not Dismayed
- Begin, My Tongue, Some Heavenly Theme
- Children of the Heavenly Father
- Come, Sound His Praise Abroad
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- Come, Ye Thankful People, Come
- Comfort, Comfort Now My People
- Earth Has Many a Noble City
- Fear Not, O Little Flock
- The First Noel
- For All the Blessings of the Year
- For Thy Mercy and Thy Grace
- The Friendly Beasts
- From Heaven Above to Earth I Come
- Go Tell It on the Mountain
- The God of Abraham Praise
- God Moves in a Mysterious Way
- God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice
- Great God of Wonders
- Great God, We Sing That Mighty Hand
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
- Hail to the Lord's Anointed
- Hark! A Thrilling Voice Is Sounding
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- He Leadeth Me
- I Need Thee Every Hour
- If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee
- Immanuel, to Thee We Sing
- In Heavenly Love Abiding
- In the Bleak Midwinter
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- It Is Good to Sing Your Praises
- It Is Well with My Soul
- Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting
- Jesus, Lead Thou On
- Joy to the World!
- Lamp of Our Feet
- Lead On, O King Eternal
- Lead, Kindly Light
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
- Let Us, with a Gladsome Mind
- Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Mighty Gates
- Like a River Glorious
- Lo! How a Rose E'er Blooming
- The Lord's My Shepherd, I'll Not Want
- May the Mind of Christ, My Savior
- Now Thank We All Our God
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O God of Bethel
- O God, Our Help in Ages Past
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Once In Royal David's City
- The People That in Darkness Sat
- Silent Night, Holy Night
- Sing to the Lord of Harvest
- Take My Life and Let It Be
- Thanks to God for My Redeemer
- Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
- Watchman, Tell Us of the Night
- We Plow the Fields
- We Three Kings of Orient Are
- What Child Is This?
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
- Who Is He in Yonder Stall?