A Hymn a Day Volume 5 (Lent, Easter, and Pentecost) by Hugh Callison PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from email@example.com with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download, which you will print from your computer. We do not sell the regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
For lever or pedal harp.
This is the fifth in a series of five volumes of hymn arrangements by Hugh Callison. You will find many wonderful titles that have not previously been arranged for harp, from well-known favorites that you grew up with, to songs that are lesser known yet equally important. These tunes have the added benefit of being arranged in keys (from 3 flats to 3 sharps) that are accessible to most vocal ranges, which is especially helpful when playing along with congregational singing. Hugh Callison came to the harp as an adult after retiring from 40 years as a music educator. His arrangements, for upper intermediate players, are interesting and have lovely harmonies. All have been edited for harpability and are playable on a harp with a full set of sharping levers which goes to the G which is one and ½ octaves below middle C (the bottom note of the bass clef staff). Lever changes are indicated with diamond shaped notes. Some tunes have no lever changes, some have a lot. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings. The left hand in a few of the tunes is quite active. This is the one of a series of 5 books; an enormous amount of harp work.
This PDF is Volume 5: It includes songs for Lent, Easter and Pentecost. 75 tunes, 103 pages.
Here's what Hugh Callison has to say about this collection:
The hymn arrangements in this collection were inspired by a book titled The One Year Book of Hymns. This collection of texts is arranged in chronological order and features several verses of each hymn with a devotional reading and an accompanying scripture verse. After using this book as a devotional book, I decided in 2007 to arrange each of the 365 hymns for thirty-string lever harp. Welcome to my labor of love for God and for harpists who love the old hymns of faith!
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- A Wonderful Savior Is Jesus My Lord
- According to Thy Gracious Word
- Ah, Holy Jesus
- Alas! and Did My Savior Bleed?
- All Glory, Laud and Honor
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- Amazing Grace!
- And Can It Be That I Should Gain?
- At Calvary
- Awake, My Soul, and With the Sun
- Before Jehovah's Awful Throne
- Behold the Savior of Mankind
- Beneath the Cross of Jesus
- Bread of Heaven, on Thee We Feed
- Bread of the World, in Mercy Broken
- Break Thou the Bread of Life
- Christ Arose!
- Christ Jesus Lay in Death's Strong Bands
- Christ, the Lord Is Risen Today
- Come, Christians, Join to Sing
- Come, Thou Almighty King
- Come, Ye Faithful, Raise the Strain
- Cross of Jesus, Cross of Sorrow
- Day by Day and with Each Passing Moment
- The Day of Resurrection
- Forty Days and Forty Nights
- Go To Dark Gethsemane
- Hail, Thou Once Despised Jesus
- The Head That Once Was Crowned
- The Heavens Declare Thy Glory, Lord
- Here, O My Lord, I See Thee Face to Face
- Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
- How Firm a Foundation
- I Am His, and He Is Mine
- I Am Thine, O Lord
- I'll Praise My Maker While I've Breath
- In the Cross of Christ I Glory
- In the Hour of Trial
- Jesus Christ Is Risen Today
- Jesus Lives, and So Shall I
- Jesus Paid It All
- Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken
- Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross
- Jesus, Priceless Treasure
- Lenten Hymn
- Let Us Break Bread Together
- The Lord Jehovah Reigns
- Lord Jesus Christ, My Life, My Light
- Loved With Everlasting Love
- Low in the Grave He Lay
- Must Jesus Bear the Cross Alone
- My Savior's Love
- Near to the Heart of God
- Never Further than Thy Cross
- O Day of Rest and Gladness
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- O Love, How Deep, How Broad, How High
- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded
- O Sons and Daughters, Let Us Sing
- O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
- The Old Rugged Cross
- Out of the Depths I Cry to Thee
- Sing Praise to God Who Reigns Above
- Soldiers of Christ, Arise
- Tell Me the Story of Jesus
- The Strife Is O'er, The Battle Done
- There Is a Balm in Gilead
- There Is a Green Hill Far Away
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
- Wake, Awake, for Night Is Flying
- We Give Immortal Praise
- Welcome, Happy Morning
- Were You There?
- What Wondrous Love Is This?
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross