For lever or pedal harp.
We are selling three versions of this PDF:
The LAP harp version is for 22-string lap harps (G below middle C).
The SMALL harp version is for small lever harps with 26 strings (one octave below middle C).
The LARGE harp version is for larger lever harps (two octaves below middle C) and pedal harps.
Be sure to order the correct one for your harp.
The Asian Harp is a collection of 22 folk songs from a variety of Asian countries including South Korea, Taiwan, Mongolia, the Philippines and China including unique examples from various provinces. Some pieces include chord symbols for improvisation. Three pieces require lever changes, which are written in the music. Deborah Dahl Shanks has arranged these pieces for the late beginner to intermediate musician. She has also included several pages of explanations about Asian music and the included songs. Keys range from 3 flats to 2 sharps. Please note that each piece may be in different keys in the Lap Harp, Small Harp, and Large Harp versions. There are no fingerings.
Each PDF is 33 pages long, including 28 pages of music.
The music examples below are from the version for larger harps.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Arirang (Korea)
- Barley and Rice (Korea)
- Go-ne Go-ne (Korea)
- Let's Play Terrapin (Korea)
- Mountains So Green - "Gau Shans Ching" (Taiwan)
- Plowing with Water Buffalo (Taiwan)
- Mongolian Shepherd Song (Mongolia)
- Let Us Even Now Go to Bethlehem (Philippines)
- Greet the Rising Sun (China)
- Jasmine Flower - "Mo Li Hua" (China)
- Feng Yang Flower Drum (Anhue I province of China)
- If the Rain Doesn't Fall (Yunnan province of China)
- In That Faraway Place (Chinghai province of China)
- Kang Ding Love Song (Shikang province of China)
- Little Donkey (Shenshi province of China)
- Purple Bamboo Flute (Shandong province of China)
- Rainbow Sister (Suiyuan province of China)
- Lift Your Veil (Shinjiang province of China)
- Sai-di-ma-li-a (Shinjiang province of China)
- Sha-li-hung-ba (Shinjiang province of China)
- Sweet Bird of Youth (Shinjiang province of China)
- Wagoneer's Song (Shinjiang province of China)