For lever or pedal harp.
These 17 arrangements are from Megan Metheney's album "Bernard's Christmas: Variations on Works by Bernard Andres." Each piece infuses a work by Mr. Andres with a Christmas carol. Some of these arrangements contain a small phrase of an Andres composition juxtaposed with a carol; some are set as medleys, while others combine the two parts so that they are played simultaneously. This music highlights the complex yet simple style of Bernard Andres' music and his contribution to the contemporary harp repertoire, both for the beginning and advanced harpist.
The pieces are playable on lever and pedal harps, and lever changes and pedal markings are included. The keys range from 4 flats to 2 sharps, with only a few fingerings. Chord symbols are included. Most pieces are at an intermediate level, but some can be played by advanced beginners.
The YouTube video below shows Megan performing the first piece: Ribambelle #5 / Carol of the Bells.
You can purchase a PDF of all 17 pieces for $25, or PDFs of the individual pieces for $4 each. The PDF of all of the pieces is 50-pages with 47 pages of music.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Ribambelle #5 / Carol of the Bells
- Marelles #9 / Unto us is Born a Son
- Alkermes #1 / Gabriel's Message
- Ribambelle #1 / The First Noel
- Marelles #12 / Tomorrow Shall be My Dancing Day
- Asters #6 / Whence Comes This Rush of Wings?
- Les Petits Pas #12 / Still, Still, Still
- A Martine / What Child is This?
- Ribambelle #8 / Coventry Carol
- Un bal à la Campagne: Promenade / People, Look East
- Aquatintes #3 / We Three Kings of Orient Are
- Les Petits Pas #1 / O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Marelles #4 / Whence is that Goodly Fragrance?
- Asters #2 / Christ was Born on Christmas Day
- Danses d'Automne #5 / O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Tiento Per Pablo / I Wonder as I Wander
- Ribambelle #3 / Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella