For pedal harp only.
The two volumes of Blazing Pedals are a guide for harpists learning the harmony necessary to play from fake books or lead sheets. They provide a systematic approach to identifying diatonic intervals occurring automatically on the harp.
Volume 2 is subtitled: How to play from a "Fake Book" on the pedal harp. It includes a chord study review in lead sheet notation, the use of "melodic" seventh chords, full chord voicings in six keys, passing tones and neighboring notes, the stride bass accompaniment, other accompaniment patterns, an original tune and seven possible treatments fully notated.
You can purchase the other volume, Volume 1, by clicking here.
Table of Contents of Volume 2
* A Brief Review
* The Test
* Simple Lead Sheet Notation
* The First Silent Night
* Full Chord Voicings
* Melodic Seventh Chords (Awa in a Manger)
* Passing Tones and Neighboring Notes
* The Stride Bass Accompaniment (I-VI-II-V)
* More Accompaniment Patterns
* Using Accompaniment Patterns
* "The Very First Tune" text
- - - Lead Sheet with lyrics
- - - Version 1, melody and root bass note
- - - Version 2, melodic seventh chords
- - - Version 3, melodic seventh chords and root bass note
- - - Version 4, solo melody and interlocking intervals
- - - Version 5, melodic seventh chords and arpeggio accompaniment
- - - Version 6, solo melody and stride accompaniment
- - - Version 7, full chord voicings with tenths and fifths
* "The Very First Tune" in 3 keys with modulations
* The Last Word
This product is a PDF file, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell it as regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.