Music for the Irish Harp, Vol. 1 book by Nancy Calthorpe - $19.95Buy 4 or more and save $1.00 per item
For lever or pedal harp.
This is the first of four volumes of Ireland's most beautiful songs and airs, selected and arranged by Nancy Calthorpe (1914 - 1988). Nancy was a well-respected harp teacher and arranger for the Irish harp in Ireland during the second half of the 20th century.
Volume 1 includes 5 harp solos, 3 of which are pieces by O'Carolan. The remaining 13 songs are for voice (or a melody instrument) with harp accompaniment. These accompaniments are not meant to be played as harp solos, as they do not include the melody.
The pieces are in keys ranging from C to 4 flats, and only a few have sharping lever changes with the music. The pieces in 4 flats could also be played by tuning the harp in 3 sharps. A few fingerings are included. 18 pieces, 48 pages, paper-bound.
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Constantine Maguire - harp solo
- The Grey Man
- Annon's Anall
- Bainis Pheigi Ni Eadhra (Peggy O'Hara's Wedding)
- Baptist Johnson - harp solo
- The Blue Handkerchief
- A Dandling Song
- Down by the Sally Gardens
- Father Brian McDermott Roe - harp solo
- The Gartan Mother's Lullaby
- I Know Where I'm Goin'
- The Little Red Lark
- My Land
- The Old Turf Fire
- The Seas are Deep - harp solo
- Sliabh na mBan (Mountain of Women / Slievanamon) - harp solo
- Tuirne Mhaire (Mary's Spinning Wheel)
- The Whistling Gypsy