For lever or pedal harp.
This is the fourth of four volumes of Ireland's most beautiful songs and airs, selected and arranged by Nancy Calthorpe (1914 - 1988). Nancy was a well-respected harp teacher and arranger for the Irish harp in Ireland during the second half of the 20th century.
Volume 4 includes 6 harp solos, 4 of which are pieces by O'Carolan. The remaining 11 songs are for voice (or a melody instrument) with harp accompaniment. These accompaniments are not meant to be played as harp solos, as they do not include the melody.
The pieces are in keys ranging from C to 4 flats, and only a few have sharping lever changes with the music. The pieces in 4 flats could also be played by tuning the harp in 3 sharps. A few fingerings are included. 17 pieces, 48 pages, paper-bound.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Betty O'Brien - harp solo
- Ancient Irish Lullaby
- Baidin Fleidhlimidh (Phelimy's Little Boat)
- The Bard of Armagh - harp solo
- Carolan's Concerto - harp solo
- Clare's Dragoons
- Danny Boy
- An Fhidil (The Fiddle)
- Haigh Didil Dum
- I Know My Love
- I Won't Marry at All
- Lord Inchiquin - harp solo
- Miss McDermott - harp solo
- The Quiet Land of Erin
- Siuil a Ghra (Come My Love) - harp solo
- Suantrai Bairbre (Barbara's Lullaby)