For lever or pedal harp.
This selection of 20 traditional Manx tunes (from the Isle of Man) was commissioned by the Manx Heritage Foundation. Celtic harpist Rachel Hair has arranged them for beginning to advanced harp players. It includes airs, jigs, slip jigs, reels, lullabies, and a march. Keys range from C to 3 sharps. A few pieces have sharping lever changes, which are notated in the music. Right hand fingerings are usually included the first time a passage appears, but not on repeated phrases or sections. There are no fingerings in the left hand. 33 pages of music.
This product is a PDF file, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell it as regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Arrane Ben Drogh Hraghtalagh (Song of the Smuggler's Wife)
- Hie Mee Stiagh (I Went into the Widow's House)
- Illiam Boght (Poor William)
- Juan y Jaggad Keeir (John of the Grey Jacket)
- Chanter's Tune
- Arrane Ben-Vlieaun (The Milking Song)
- Eunyssagh Vona (Mona's Delight)
- Moirrey ny Cainle (Mary of the Candle)
- Arrane y Chlean (Cradle Song)
- Gyn Ennym (No Name)
- Mylecharaine's March
- Girls of Balladoole
- Ta Cashen Ersooyl dys yn Aarkey (Cashen has gone to the Sea)
- Kirree fo Niaghtey (The Sheep Under the Snow)
- Car Juan Nan (Juan Nan's Tune)
- Cum yn Shenn Oanrey Cheh (Keep the Old Petticoats Warm)
- Car ny Ferrishyn (Fairies' Tune)
- Graih Foalsey (False Love)