For lever or pedal harp.
Here's how Angi Bemiss describes this collection of 21 classical music themes in her 2007 introduction.
Do you smile when you hear a familiar classical theme somewhere . . . in a TV commercial, at a concert, on the radio, at a wedding? I do. Yet, somewhere in my life as an avocational musician, I had relegated the classics to a dusty bookshelf of music from "piano lessons when I was a kid."
This year, a friend requested classical music for her wedding. As I began a search for classical pieces that I could play on a lever harp, I discovered several things:
1. I was enjoying the process, as I sat at the piano and played through my old books. ("Ah yes, I remember this piece.")
2. Many of my "favorites" hadn't been arranged for lever harp. (OK, some of them had, but not at my intermediate level!)
3. I was developing a new appreciation for the enchanting beauty of the works and the mastery of the composers. ("How did they do this -- with only paper, pen, and their memories? No recording devices, no computers!")
Thus began the journey that resulted in this first book of Classical Selections. You will find themes from the works of the great masters - Bach, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Brahms, Handel, and others.
As with all Simply the Harp publications, these Classical Selections are arranged at an intermediate level with an emphasis on clarity and beautiful harmony. There are lever changes where the accidentals are essential, trusting that the mind will "hear" the others.
It is my hope that you will enjoy playing these pieces - timeless classics from the masters, played on an instrument that is also timeless.
Lever changes are written in the music, but pedal changes are not indicated. Chord symbols are included. There are no fingerings. The 47-page PDF includes 42 pages of music.
We are selling two versions of this PDF:
The version for harps tuned to C is for lever harps tuned to the key of C.
The version for harps tuned to E-flat is for lever harps tuned to the key of E-flat (3 flats).
Pedal harpists may play either version.
Be sure to order the correct one for your harp.
Contents: (see music samples in the section below)
- Anglaise - (Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach)
- Arioso (Thanks Be To God) - (George Frederick Handel)
- Caro Mio Ben - (Giuseppe Giordani)
- Country Gardens - (Traditional)
- Etude Theme - (Frederic Chopin)
- Finlandia - (Jean Sibelius)
- Fur Elise - (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- Happy Farmer - (Robert Schumann)
- Haydn Variations - (Johannes Brahms)
- Menuet en Rondeau - (Jean-Philippe Rameau)
- Minuet in G - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Minuet in G Major - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Musetta's Waltz - (Giacomo Puccini)
- New World Symphony - (Antonin Dvorak)
- Nocturne from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" - (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Nocturne in Eb Major - (Frederic Chopin)
- Polovetzian Dance - (Alexander Borodin)
- Preludio XI (Little Prelude in F Major) - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Sixth Symphony Theme - (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- Surprise Symphony - (Franz Joseph Haydn)
- To A Wild Rose - (Edward MacDowell)
These products are PDF files, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell them as regular printed music. They are only available here in this PDF download format.