For lever or pedal harp.
Angi Bemiss and Balfour Knight have arranged 23 popular classical themes for intermediate lever or pedal harp. Lever changes are written in the music, but pedal changes are not indicated. Chord symbols are included. There are no fingerings. The 51-page PDF includes 46 pages of music.
Here's part of Angi's description of how this collection came to be. You can read "the rest of the story" in her introduction.
As harpists, we sometimes hear a song that we just have to learn to play, and we intuitively know that we'll play it for the rest of our lives. Similarly, we occasionally meet someone that we intuitively know will become a lifelong friend. Those two things came together and resulted in this book. The song? "Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini" (Rachmaninoff). The new friend? Balfour Knight (and his sweet wife, Carol Lynn).
We are selling two versions of this PDF:
The version for harps tuned to C is for lever harps tuned to the key of C.
The version for harps tuned to E-flat is for lever harps tuned to the key of E-flat (3 flats).
Pedal harpists may play either version.
Be sure to order the correct one for your harp.
Contents: (see music samples in the section below)
- Allegro (from Sonatina in G Major) - (Joseph Haydn)
- Ave Maria - (Franz Schubert)
- Bells of Kamenoi-Ostrow - (Anton Rubinstein)
- Bourée (from Water Music) - (George Frederick Handel)
- Clair de Lune Excerpts - (Claude Debussy)
- Concerto for Clarinet in B Major - (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- Galliard - (Anonymous, 16th Century)
- Grand March (from Aida) - (Giuseppe Verdi)
- Jupiter (from The Planets) - (Gustav Holst)
- King William's March - (Jeremiah Clarke)
- Meditation (from Thais) - (Jules Massenet)
- Minuet in F - (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- Morning (from Peer Gynt) - (Edvard Grieg)
- Musette - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- O Mio Babbino Caro (from Gianni Schicchi) - (Giacomo Puccini)
- Pavane - (Maurice Ravel)
- Piano Concerto in A Minor - Theme - (Edvard Grieg)
- Piano Concerto No. 1 - (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- Praeludium (an excerpt from "The Well-Tempered Clavier") - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini - (Sergei Rachmaninoff)
- Siciliano (from Sonata in Eb for Flute & Harpsichord) - (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- The Swan (Le Cygne) (from Carnival of the Animals) - (Camille Saint-Saens)
- Tambourin - (Jean-Philippe Rameau)
These products are PDF files, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell them as regular printed music. They are only available here in this PDF download format.