For lever or pedal harp.
Darhon Rees-Rohrbacher has arranged 20 beloved classical pieces for pedal harp or lever harps tuned to 3 flats. She has arranged them in progressive key order so that the book can be played as a continuous set of background music at a gig. However, individual tunes may be selected as separate musical renditions and selections omitted as desired. These arrangements strive to capture the "flavor" of the original source works and yet retain a strong melodic component. The selections are derived from orchestral, opera, operetta and art song compositions. Attempting to transfer them to the harp is a challenge due to the unique characteristics of the instrument. Some liberties had to be taken in order to avoid unusual key modulations or chromaticism of the original works. In some instances, a separate pedal and lever harp arrangement are provided for a more satisfactory performance. Lever and pedal changes are marked. The arrangements contained in this collection were composed on a 34-string lever harp (C to A), though most of the pieces actually require less range. Fingerings, dynamics, and tempo markings are provided. 56 pages of music for upper intermediate to advanced players. These pieces can not be played on a lever harp tuned to C. They require a lever harp tuned to 3 flats, or a pedal harp.
This product is a PDF file, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell it as regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Porgi, Amor (Le Nozze di Figaro) – W. A. Mozart
- Jupiter Theme (The Planets) – G. Holst
- Musetta's Waltz (La Bohème) – G. Puccini
- Egyptian March (Aida) – G. Verdi
- La Donna e Mobile (Rigoletto) – G. Verdi
- Va Pensiero (Nabucco) – G. Verdi
- Waltz and Cradle Song – J. Brahms
- Toreador Song (Carmen) – G. Bizet
- On Wings of Song – F. Mendelssohn
- Surprise Symphony Theme – F. J. Haydn
- Moderato Cantabile (Fantasia Impromptu) – F. Chopin
- Song to the Moon (Rusalka) – A. Dvorak
- Minuetto (Don Giovanni) – W. A. Mozart
- The Swan (Carnival of the Animals) – C. Saint-Saëns (pedal version)
- The Swan (Carnival of the Animals) – C. Saint-Saëns (lever version)
- O Mio Babbino Caro (Gianni Schicchi) – G. Puccini
- Polovtsian Dance Theme (Prince Igor) – A. Borodin
- Barcarolle (Tales of Hoffman) – J. Offenbach
- Meditation (Thais) – J. Massenet (pedal version)
- Meditation (Thais) – J. Massenet (lever version)
- Largo (New World Symphony) – A. Dvorak
- The Merry Widow Waltz – F. Lehar