For lever or pedal harp.
We are selling two versions of this PDF:
The SMALL harp version is for small lever harps with 26 strings (one octave below middle C).
The LARGE harp version is for larger lever harps (two octaves below middle C) and pedal harps.
Be sure to order the correct one for your harp.
Deborah Dahl Shanks has arranged 22 Christmas carols from around the world for lever or pedal harp. Countries and areas represented include France, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Ukraine, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Catalonia, Venezuela, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada (Native Huron), Japan, China, the Philippines, and more. These beautiful carols are for mid-beginner to intermediate players, and require a harp with two octaves below middle C. The keys range from 3 flats through 2 sharps. Eight of the pieces require lever changes within the music. Lever changes are noted, but not pedal changes. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings.
Murm'ring a Lullaby has two arrangements: one for lever harp, and one for pedal harp.
Deborah has added short informative descriptions of each carol.
Each PDF is 52 pages long, including 46 pages of music.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- Alleluya Nativitas - French Medieval
- The Slumber of the Child Jesus (Le Sommeil de l'Enfant Jesus) - Old French
- He is Born! (Il Est Ne!) - French
- Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace) - Latin, German
- Still, Still, Still - Austrian
- Rock-a-Bye, My Dear Little Boy - Czech
- The Bells of Christmas (Det Kimer naa til Julefest) - Danish
- A Thousand Candles Now are Lit (Naa Tennes Tusen Julelys) - Swedish
- I am So Glad Each Christmas Eve (Je ger saa Glad) - Norwegian
- Behold, A Host Arrayed in White (Den store hvite flokk aa se) - Norwegian
- Ring, Christmas Bells (Ukranian Carol of the Bells) - Ukrainian
- All the Earth is Waiting (Toda la Tierra) - Catalonian
- Cold December Flies Away (En el Frio Invernal) - Catalonian
- Mother's Boy (El Noi de la Mare) - Catalonian
- Sheep Fast Asleep (Hitsuji Wa Nemureri) - Japanese
- Mongolian Shepherd Song - Chinese
- Let Us Even Now Go to Bethlehem (Manglakat na Kia sa Belen) - Philippines
- Oh, I Would Sing of Mary's Child - American
- 'Twas in the Moon of Wintertime - Native Canadian
- The Magi who to Bethlehem did Go (Los Magos que Llegaron a Belen) - Puerto Rican
- Child So Lovely (Nino Lindo) - Venezuelan
- Murm'ring a Melody (A la Nanita Nana) - Mexican - Lever Edition
- Murm'ring a Melody (A la Nanita Nana) - Pedal Edition