Musician's Guide to Brides: How to Make Money Playing Weddings by Anne Roos
This book is now out of print. Anne will be revising it later this year and will be selling it as a PDF download in the future. But if you want a hard copy, get it now! We only have ONE copy left.
Professional harpist Anne Roos draws upon her years of experience working with wedding planners and brides to guide the reader every step of the way to becoming a successful wedding musician. Readers will also get insider advice from wedding planning professionals, suggested repertoire, comprehensive worksheets, and checklists that provide all they need to know to plan their business and performances. This is a must-have book for musicians and bands who want to keep their calendars full with high-paying wedding ceremonies and receptions. 324 pages, paperbound.
- The "Musician's Guide to Brides" provides practical advice on:
- What it takes to play at weddings
- Creating a repertoire
- Equipment needed
- Writing a performance agreement
- Creating promotional materials
- Wedding advertising and internet ideas
- Marketing your music by exhibiting at bridal fairs
- Closing a sale when your customer is the bride
- Working with the mother of the bride, the wedding coordinator, and booking agents
- Bridal relations -- avoiding problems
- What to do when the unexpected happens
- Working with "Bridezillas" (and some hair-raising, true stories!)