For lever or pedal harp.
We are selling two versions of this PDF:
The SMALL harp version is for small lever harps with 26 strings (one octave below middle C).
The LARGE harp version is for larger lever harps (two octaves below middle C) and pedal harps.
Be sure to order the correct one for your harp.
These Renaissance Dances PDFs are subtitled Dances from Lute and Other Instrumental Literature for Mid-beginner to Late Intermediate Harp Players. The 21 pieces are in keys ranging from 3 flats to 1 sharp. about half of the pieces have lever changes within the music. Chord symbols are included, but no fingerings.
Each 53-page PDF includes 44 pages of music and 6 pages of history and notes about the songs.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- TIELMAN SUSATO (1500-1562) DANCES
- Pas Et Medio
- Three Susato Dances: La Morisque, Les Quatre Branles, La Battaille
- JOHN DOWLAND (1563-1626) DANCES
- Tarleton's Riserrectione
- Mrs. Winter's Jump
- Mrs. White's Nothing
- Mrs. Nichols Alman
- ANONYMOUS LUTE & KEYBOARD DANCES: ITALIAN
- Passo e Mezzo
- ANONYMOUS LUTE & KEYBOARD DANCES: FRENCH
- Galliard One
- Galliard Two
- ANONYMOUS LUTE & KEYBOARD DANCES: GERMAN
- Allemande I
- Allemande II
- German Dance
- DANCES BY VARIOUS CONTINENTAL COMPOSERS
- Italian Dance by Hans Neusidler [German]
- Il Bianco Fiore by Cesare Negri [Italian]
- Pavan I by Luys Milan [Spanish]
- Pavan III by Luys Milan [Spanish]
- Canarie by Joachim van den Hove [Spanish]
- Volte by Jean Babtiste Besard [French]
- Branle by Jean Babtiste Besard [French]