Simple Pleasures with Friends #2 arranged for ensembles by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni PDF Download
This product is a download, and will not be shipped to you. After you check out, you will receive an email thanking you for your order from email@example.com with the link(s) that will take you to your download(s). This e-mail will be sent to the "Ship To" email address that you specify during checkout, so be sure to input the correct "Ship To" e-mail address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved e-mail list. If you do not receive an e-mail within a few minutes after you place your order, please check your spam folder.
Please scroll to the bottom of the email to see the links to download. You can access your downloads by clicking here and entering your order number, email address, and billing zip code.
If you created an account with us, you can also find your downloads by going to "My Account" and clicking on the "Downloads" link.
Once you receive the e-mail, please click the link(s) and print your PDF(s) as soon as possible. The link(s) will expire after 30 days. If you are unable to print your PDFs during that time, please contact us and we will assist you. You are authorized to print 2 copies for your own personal use.
There will be no shipping charge if all of the items you are ordering are downloads. Just choose the "No Shipping Charge" option on the shipping dropdown list during checkout. If you order regular (non-downloaded) products at the same time, the shipping charges will be for those additional items.
Your respect of the copyright laws will help support the musicians and arrangers who created this work, and will encourage more harp music to be produced in the future. Please do not make multiple copies to pass on to others. You can help keep downloadable harp music viable and available by encouraging your students, friends and relatives to purchase their own copies. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor.
If you have a problem with your download, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Please note that downloads are not "returnable."
This product is a PDF download, which you will print from your computer. We do not sell the regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
For lever or pedal harp.
The Simple Pleasures with Friends PDFs are perfect for intermediate harpists playing with almost any other instruments. The possibilities are almost endless. For example:
- If your musical family consists of a harp player, viola player, clarinet player, flute player, guitar and accordion player -- Simple Pleasures will work for you!
- If your church ensemble consists of 3 flutes, 1 harp, a clarinet, 2 guitars and a cello, this will work for you!
- If your community ensemble consists of 2 flutes, 2 violins, 4 clarinets, 1 viola, 2 B-flat saxaphones, a cello, a tuba, and a harp player, this music will work for you.
- If you're having a party at your house and your guests have brought an instrument, you can pass out the pages and have a ball!
- Get it? You can just pass around the music and just about everybody will have something to play!
Each one-page, musically satisfying harp arrangement can be played as a solo or mixed and matched with the three treble/cello/viola parts (melody, descant, and harmony). The same arrangement is also given one step higher (useful for B-flat clarinet). Guitar chords are included, as well as harp fingerings and placing brackets.
Each title has 8 handout pages. Each handout page can stand alone as a trio, or mix and match with the other 7 handouts. You are welcome to make 3 copies of each page for your ensemble players.
Keys range from 3 flats through 2 sharps.
Each piece has 8 pages: 4 in the original key, and 4 transposed 1 step higher.
The four parts are:
- Harp solo or accompaniment
- Treble - stands along as a trio or can be played with the harp
- Viola - will work only for viola clef instruments
- Cello - for all bass clef instruments
The treble, viola and cello parts all include 3 lines:
- Melody line
- Descant line (harmony played generally within or higher than the melody)
- Harmony line, played generally within or lower than the melody
See the music examples of the After the Battle of Aughrim at the bottom of this page to see all the parts.
Contents of Volume 2:
After the Battle of Aughrim - traditional Irish reel
Amethyst - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Crow's Nest - jig by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
A Friend in Need - traditional English jig
Girl with the Blue Dress On - traditional English polka
Lubec - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Oyster Girl - traditional English jig
Quadriglia - traditional Northern Italian 6/8 dance
Soling Anders - traditional Swedish waltz
Two and Two - traditional English jig
Waiting for Rain - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Waltz from Norway - traditional Norwegian waltz
Click on the to see a sample of the first few lines of music.
- After the Battle of Aughrim in G dorian mode - harp part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in G dorian mode - treble part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in G dorian mode - viola part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in G dorian mode - cello part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in A dorian mode - harp part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in A dorian mode - treble part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in A dorian mode - viola part
- After the Battle of Aughrim in A dorian mode - cello part