For lever or pedal harp.
The Simple Pleasures with Friends PDFs are perfect for intermediate harpists playing with almost any other instruments. The possibilities are almost endless. For example:
- If your musical family consists of a harp player, viola player, clarinet player, flute player, guitar and accordion player -- Simple Pleasures will work for you!
- If your church ensemble consists of 3 flutes, 1 harp, a clarinet, 2 guitars and a cello, this will work for you!
- If your community ensemble consists of 2 flutes, 2 violins, 4 clarinets, 1 viola, 2 B-flat saxophones, a cello, a tuba, and a harp player, this music will work for you.
- If you're having a party at your house and your guests have brought an instrument, you can pass out the pages and have a ball!
- Get it? You can just pass around the music and just about everybody will have something to play!
Each one-page, musically satisfying harp arrangement can be played as a solo or mixed and matched with the three treble/cello/viola parts (melody, descant, and harmony). The same arrangement is also given one step higher (useful for B-flat clarinet). Guitar chords are included, as well as harp fingerings and placing brackets.
Each title has 8 handout pages. Each handout page can stand alone as a trio, or mix and match with the other 7 handouts. You are welcome to make 3 copies of each page for your ensemble players.
Keys range from 3 flats through 2 sharps. Each piece has 8 pages: 4 in the original key, and 4 transposed 1 step higher.
The four parts are:
- Harp solo or accompaniment
- Treble - stands along as a trio or can be played with the harp
- Viola - will work only for viola clef instruments
- Cello - for all bass clef instruments
The treble, viola and cello parts all include 3 lines:
- Melody line
- Descant line (harmony played generally within or higher than the melody)
- Harmony line, played generally within or lower than the melody
See the music examples of the After the Battle of Aughrim at the bottom of this page to see all the parts.
Contents of Volume 2:
After the Battle of Aughrim - traditional Irish reel
Amethyst - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Crow's Nest - jig by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
A Friend in Need - traditional English jig
Girl with the Blue Dress On - traditional English polka
Lubec - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Oyster Girl - traditional English jig
Quadriglia - traditional Northern Italian 6/8 dance
Soling Anders - traditional Swedish waltz
Two and Two - traditional English jig
Waiting for Rain - waltz by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni (2011)
Waltz from Norway - traditional Norwegian waltz
This product is a PDF file, to be downloaded to your computer. We do not sell it as regular printed music. It is only available here in this PDF download format.
Click on the blue titles below to see a sample of the first few lines of music.